The versions of the included packages correspond largely to what is present in the TclTkAquaBI 8.4.7 distribution.
Tiger compatibility of Tcl/Tk Aqua BI Distributions
The packages marked "Mac OS X 10.3 or later" on the Tcl/Tk Aqua main page are compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, except for one small issue: the /usr/bin/wish8.4 script provided by Tiger will be overwritten by the Tk installer, so you may want to rename it to /usr/bin/wish8.4.7 manually before running the installer.
This issue is fixed starting with the 22.214.171.124 distribution.
- The Tcl/Tk libraries are installed as frameworks in /System/Library/Frameworks.
- The 'tclsh' and 'wish' command line tools are installed in /usr/bin.
- The Tcl/Tk documentation is contained in html format inside the frameworks and installed as manpages in /usr/share/man.
- Tcl/Tk extensions are installed in /System/Library/Tcl.
- There is a small bug present in 10.4.0 with the install location of the TclSQLite3 extension: it is installed in /usr/bin/sqlite3, which makes is visible to 'tclsh' but not to 'wish' in the default auto_path. To fix this, create a symlink to /usr/bin/sqlite3 in /System/Library/Tcl:
sudo ln -s ../../../usr/lib/sqlite3 /System/Library/Tcl/sqlite3
TclTkAquaBI Darwin 8.0 Details
The sources and patches used to build the TclTkAquaBI components in Darwin correspond largely to what is present in the TclTkAquaBI 8.4.7 distribution.
One major change from the 8.4.7 BI is the inclusion of the loadable TkAqua patch (as integrated into TkAqua 8.4.9).
The full darwin-TclBI submission to Apple for inclusion in Tiger is available and in TclTkAqua CVS, the various Makefile.fetch files give the exact dates of the CVS sources retrieved for each project.
The actual sources used by Apple to build TclTkAquaBI in Tiger are available at opensource.apple.com, darwinsource.opendarwin.org or via live CVS:
cvs -d :pserver:email@example.com:/cvs/root co tcl
A diff details the small number of changes made by Apple to the original submission.
Thanks go to Jordan Hubbard and Toby Peterson in Apple's CoreOS group for being instrumental in getting this submission included in Darwin!
Contents of TclTkAquaBI Darwin 8.0
The following packages are included with Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger:
- Tcl 8.4.7, Tk 8.4.7, Thread 2.6
- TclX 8.4
- TclVfs 1.3
- Expect 5.42
- Tcllib 126.96.36.199, Tklib 0.2, BWidget 1.7
- IncrTcl 3.3b1, IWidgets 4.0.2
- TkTable 2.9
- TkImg 1.3
- Treectrl 1.0
- TclXML 2.6, TclDOM 2.6, TclXSLT 2.6
- TclSOAP 1.6.7
- tDOM 0.8.0
- Memchan 2.2.0
- Trf 2.1p2
- TLS 1.5.0
- TclODBC 2.5
- TclSQLite3 3.1.3
- Tbcload 1.4
- Mk4Tcl 188.8.131.52
- Snack 2.2.7
- XOTcl 1.2.0
- TclAE 2.0
- TclAppleScript 1.0
- TclResource 1.1
- QuickTimeTcl 3.1
Note that this list of packages almost constitutes a superset of what is contained in ActiveState's ActiveTcl distribution on other platforms: missing are extensions Vu, TkHtml and Tile as well as applications Tkcon and TclApps